Considering our three maxims:
– Reduce: If we only use what we really need we can avoid wasting lots of plastic. Maybe we can drink water from our fridge in a glass instead of using small plastic bottling.
– Reuse: Increasing the use of tupperwares instead of one-use plastic container or using glass cups instead of plastic cups.
– Recycle: Even it is one of our maxims is the last one and the one we should avoid the most. Recycle is good but in most places still requires energy generated by fossil fuels.
As we find lots of plastics that land on the beaches in The Pearl Islands we are trying to reduce the use of them, starting with ourselves. From now we reached to change these small habits:
· Discover how to do coconut milk instead of wasting milk recipients
· Buy local vegetables and local fruit to avoid useless packaging
· Fishing ourselves
· Not using plastic glasses or any plastic cutlery
· Cooking our own bread
We will keep reducing our daily plastic use and we encourage everybody to try to do the same steps we are taking. Act local to help making a global change.
Any ideas are welcome in order to clean our beaches and at the same time convert the garbage in a useful element.
Ecosofia, Social Programs